[MPlayer-users] Memory Leak in mplayer

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Thu May 23 09:30:02 CEST 2002

I wrote about it long time ago, now I have more info...
it is about playing multiple files in mplayer - mplayer eats too much memory and is
killed by linux kernel. Someone said that used mp3lib and libavcodecs should be
good and problem can be with video output

I have Mplayer 0.90pre4

so with -vo x11 and -vo xv I experienced 'killed' message after some files

with -vo sdl I have found something different, when you play multiple files and press
ENTER mplayer stops. for all other -vo possibilities it starts playing next file.

distribution:			Mandrake 8.2
kernel version:			2.4.18-6mdk
libc version:			2.2.4
X version:			4.2.0
gcc version:			3.0.4 (3.0.4-2mdk)
ld version:			2.11.92.0.12 20011121
binutils version:		2.11.92.0.12 20011121
used windowmanager:		WindowMaker 0.80.0

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 3
model name	: AMD Duron(tm) processor
stepping	: 1
cpu MHz		: 700.028
cache size	: 64 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips	: 1395.91

Videocard:			ATI Radeon 7500 64MB DDR
Video driver:			X built-in
Sound card:			SBLive! 5+1 with AC3 decoder, OSS