[MPlayer-users] QT/MOV format supported only partially?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Wed May 22 10:52:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 05:47, Andrew Worsley wrote:
>   Hi I'm trying to play a quick time trailer.
>
>   Problem line I suspect is:
>
>       Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33515653 !
>
>   I get the following output - I presume this is because the QT/MOV
> format is not supported? The home page lists QT/MOV format as supported as of
> version 0.60 but the documentation notes appear to indicate that common codec
> (SORENSEN) is not supported.
>
>   Is this right? Is there a way to play my trailer?

I'm afraid, the answer is NO. As I've had the same problem with many
short *.mov files that I needed to work with, I have solved the problem
with Gates's windows using the tool "RadTools" that is free to download.
It converts from *.mov to *.avi without any apparent lose in quality.
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040