[MPlayer-users] [OT] use RH's Bugzilla (Re: Bad news for RedHat 7.3 users)

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon May 20 16:52:02 CEST 2002

On Sunday, 19 May 2002, Rob Wallace wrote:
[snip]
> Actually, I don't think the RedHat compiler is at fault here. RedHat
> adds a lot of patches to their kernel and I believe this is the source
> of the problem.
> Keep in mind I used a clean 2.4.18 kernel from ftp.kernel.org - I only
> used the kernel .config file from RedHat.
>
> I would not recommend using the kernel sources from RedHat to solve the
> performance problem in mplayer. Although I might try it out of curiosity.

To all RH users: if you have *any* problem with mplayer that disappears
when you use vanilla kernel or vanilla gcc, tell RedHat about it. If they
don't know there's a problem, they can't fix it.
Use http://bugzilla.redhat.com and report these problems there instead of
complaining here.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer.html
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>