[MPlayer-users] mencoder often COMPLETLY locks up my machine

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Mon May 20 14:08:02 CEST 2002

Rick Warner wrote:

> These tests are all run at the same time on separate vt's in plain console
> mode.  We typically run setterm -blank to prevent the screen from blanking
> (allows you so see kernel panic if one occurs) and doing a top as well --make
> sure you turn the monitor off to avoid burn in!
Well, I already did many of these tests... Just missed the burn* ones --
doing now.

> If your system can handle running that overnight without crashing,
I'm quite sure it can handle running them for a week or so... :-)
> you can start blaming mencoder then.
:-)
I don't want to really blame anything/anybody... I just like having
stable machines (never overclock, always overcool :-), NEVER let a
windoze CD/floppy in 10mt range :-) ).

BYtE,
 Diego.