[MPlayer-users] mencoder often COMPLETLY locks up my machine

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Mon May 20 08:08:01 CEST 2002

Matija Grabnar wrote:

> Check your CPU fan, and if possible install the lm_sensors package
> to check your CPU temperature.
The fan works right. It's not an overheating problem (see my next
message to Arpi). I can use transcode for HOURS without troubles, while
the first (from a cold boot) mencoder run might lock...

> If your CPU fan is dead your system may be OK at small loads, but
> can jam whenthe CPU is highly loaded and overheats. (My CPU temperature
> gains 10-20 deg C when mencoder is running).
Mine even more, but less than when transcode is running (about 70C with
mencoder, while transcode reached 73/74C).

BYtE,
 Diego.