[MPlayer-users] filerunner file association == crash

phil phernandez at free.fr
Sun May 19 06:45:02 CEST 2002

Hello .
There s a pb I can t solve .
I use WindowsMaker , and Filerunner .
I have associated ( is it right English ? I m french ) .avi to mplayer for both Nautilus and fr .I prefer fr, it s much more light .
When I use fr , a right clic on an avi files opens mplayer , but I just have to KILL fr after . The avi doesn t play .

Whith Nautilus , it works , even in edonkey/temp , if the file is big enough to report an avi file , instead of data .
ex :
#file 1.part = avi ; I play it , sometimes with -idx ,, but i play it as long as file understanbd it s an avi / mpg .. file

My conf in Filerunner is simple :
  { {mplayer {%s}}
    {*.avi *.fli *.flc *.mpg *.mpeg *.asf} }

It works with mp3 , pdf ; etc ..
What s the trouble ?

mplayer starts , the gui is " black", and I have to "kill -9 fr" , and "wish" .
Thx

Phil

PS Maybe Filerunner is too old , but even on my 1700 XP I love it .
Next days , I ll try to compile mplayer on my Sparc IPC @ 25 Mhz :-)