[MPlayer-users] Audio questions

Otvos Ferenc CADMUS otvos at sztaki.hu
Wed May 15 16:24:02 CEST 2002

1. Now it seems to be impossible to play audio from a separate ac3 file
(wav, mp3, ogg-vorbis supported). Is it really so?

The idea would be to encode a dvd into divx with mp3 stereo sound on 1
CD, and create a separate CD with the ac3 stream.
In that case we could play the movie on other systems too, but we have
the possibility to enjoy the full 5.1 sound with mplayer, but without a
need to encode the dvd 2 times (with mp3 and ac3).

Is it a planned feature? Or is eny workaround for it?

2. The doc says, that with -channels 4 any center channel will be mixed
equally to the front channels. Does it mean LFE too?

Thanks and continue this great project!