[MPlayer-users] SuperBit DVD

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Mon May 13 18:37:01 CEST 2002

K.  I got it to work with
"mplayer -vo xvidix:mach64_vid.so -aid 128 dvd://1" .
However:

1. It requires root privileges to do a "PCI scan".

2. The installer doesn't install the .so's for each card in
   <prefix>/lib.  I had to:

   cp <mplayer-dir>/vidix/drivers/*.so <prefix>/lib
   echo "<prefix>/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
   ldconfig

   before I could run the above command line.

3. It's no faster than -vo x11 (which, for some reason, seems faster
   than -vo dga running as root).  I always thought DGA was faster than
   an X11 socket, but hey, what do I know ?

Thanks for all the info.