[MPlayer-users] [Bug] trouble playing an encrypted DVD

Magnus Pfeffer magnus.pfeffer at epost.de
Sun May 12 21:38:01 CEST 2002

Am Freitag, 10. Mai 2002 09:44 schrieben Sie:

> Hi,

Moin,

> > Another helpful member of mplayer-users advised to try -nosound, and
> > this improves the playback (makes sense, as the a52 codec complains
> > during playback). So the problem might be related to the a52 codec.
> >
> > I did more tests and found that mplayer playback only has problems with
> > the first (german) soundtrack. Japanese plays fine.
> >
> > Using a52dec and extract_a52 (version 0.7.3) on the dumped stream can
> > play

> hmm, strange.
>
> did you try mplayer -dumpaudio -dvd x, and then a52dec on this audio-only
> dump?

I did

cat stream_dump | extract_a52 | a52dec and the sound played fine

> > the german track fine. I can upload the dumped stream (the first few 100
> > MB), if you think it would be useful for analysis.
>
> yes, do it please

in mplayergq's incoming I made a subdirectory

incoming/dvd_with_unplayable_ac3_bug

and put the first 28 MB of the decrypted stream as generated by
mplayer -dumpstream

The first few seconds are silence, but there is sound at the end (explosion
and some talk) - mplayer shows the same output as it dows when playing
directly from dvd, it also mis-detects the aspect ratio.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Sorry for taking so long to answer,

  Magnus