[MPlayer-users] Directfb does not use vsync and thus tears

Brian J. Murrell 29493d45f350e3778af0efbe2a033732 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun May 12 18:52:14 CEST 2002

It would seem that the directfb driver is not syncing the frame
flipping to the vsync.  I don't really know any of the DirectFB API
and how to program it, but I was able to determine that a line in the
directfb vo:

//      DFBCHECK (primary->Flip (primary, NULL, DSFLIP_WAITFORSYNC));

is supposed to (somehow) sync the frame flipping to the vsync.  I will
try to do some more directfb digging but if anyone knows why this is
commented out, I would appreciate it.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell