[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Can't play DVDs with ffmpeg12

Carlos Laviola carlos at laviola.org
Sun May 12 00:48:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 06:12:56PM -0400, Luke Harrison wrote:
> > Sure thing... I cvs update every day.  It's funny, because I am sure
> > this used to work before, and it still works with a no-region DVD disc
> > that I own, so it might be specific to just a few videos...
> >
> Now you are just being stupid... The binary you used for debugging is cearly stripped..
> In case you are new to linux/unix that means all debugging and other symbols are stripped to
> reduce size. So if you did follow bugreports.html and compilied with debug=3 you must have "make install"
> [not in the docs] - which of course will strip the binary.

I'd recommend you to not assume one's stupid just on your own.

1. make install does not strip the binary.

claviola at herpes:~/code/src/main$ grep strip Makefile
claviola at herpes:~/code/src/main$

2. gdb didn't work properly because you must be standing on the
directory that contains the source code of the program you're debugging.
I do not have debugging experience with gdb, so I didn't know that, and
apparently, neither did you.

HAND.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _   icq -> bad -|- jabber -> good
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_|  Support Scientology! http://xenu.net