[MPlayer-users] Re: xv: distorted output as a result of cropping/scaling

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Sat May 11 13:38:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 03:17:31PM +0200, Peter Schuller wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I've discovered what I believe to be a bug in something, possibly m
> player.
>
> Given any normal .AVI with an mpeg-4 codec (at least divx and lavc is
> affected) that is playable normally, adding -vop scale=x:y distorts the
> image *IF*:
>
> (1) x != the size of the original movie. Scaling vertically is not a
> problem, only horizontally.
>
>    AND
>
> (2) xv is used as the video output (-vo xv (default)). Fullscreen or not
> - doesn't make a difference.

Your Xv driver probably doesn't like non 8-pixel aligned width. It
seems it's quite common, my Radeon VE under XFree86 4.2.0 has the same
bug and there was similiar bug reports in the recent past. You can
either use "-vo sdl" and still get Xv accelerated output or change the
width to be 8-aligned (or more).

--
Rémi