[MPlayer-users] are there any plans to offer this mailing list as a newsgroup?
sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri May 10 17:34:01 CEST 2002
> On 09 May 2002 21:50:48 -0700
> Farrell Farahbod <upgrdman at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > i know that we can go to
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-users to see archives, or
> > mail posts to mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu to post to this mailing lsit,
> > but any possibility this mailing list will be converted to, or mirrored
> > by a newsgroup? i dont know if many people would like this, but i would.
> > i like being able to access usenet etc from mozilla, and not having to
> > check my email for threads and replys, or to check the online
> > archives...ok maybe im spoiled :) what can i say...im 15yrs old! so any
> > ideas?
> No, to much work that's not worth it...
> Attila Kinali
Here's an idea going FORWARD, not including the previous messages.
1. Find a good newsgroup server that will allow the needed traffic.
2. Create group(s), alt.mplayer-users or something.
alt.mplayer-deveng, alt.mplayer-hu, etc.
3. Add an entry to the subscribers list to post the messages to the group.
4. Maybe have the list only allow messages coming directly from mplayerhq.hu servers.
5. Add a link and info to TFM, docs, manpages, etc.
6. Smile and be happy that there is yet another way to RTFMessages.
Thoughts, ideas? This seems to be simplified maybe, but I'm sure someone can do it this easily. Older messages would not need to be transferred, just new incoming ones.
This doesn't mean I am totally for it, just that it is possible. Newsgroups seem to be easier to search sometimes.
My $0.02 worth.
Get your free email from www.linuxmail.org
Powered by Outblaze
More information about the MPlayer-users