[MPlayer-users] A/V Desync in LOTR.avi (Spanish)

RUBEN JESUS GARCIA HERNANDEZ rgarcia at fedro.ugr.es
Fri May 10 11:13:01 CEST 2002

I uploaded a file called LOTR.avi to /MPlayer/incoming/AVDesync in
 mplayerhq.hu

 The problem is that this file's audio is supposed to begin some 20
 seconds after
 the video begins, to skip the begin credits. In MPlayer, up to 0.90Pre3,
 both audio
 and video begin at the same time, causing the desync. MPlayer knows it,
 the A/V
 in the statistics is arount 20, but it doesn't go down.

 The -delay -20 option does not work. (Out of range, but -delay -10 has
 no effect,
 audio still starts at the same time as video).

 The windows players do start the audio 20 seconds after the video. But
 divxvfw in
 MPlayer doesn't.

 Can you have a look? I sent 10 MB, because otherwise the right start of
 audio was
 at the very ending of the file for 5MB.