[MPlayer-users] Attention: Ross Lippert and Attila

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Thu May 9 23:37:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Ross Lippert wrote:

> >cp -rf libavcodec/* main/libavcodec/
> >But it may add to the confusion instead of reducing confusion bcos
> >different people will have their libavcodec (from ffmeg) and main (from
>
> How about:
>
> cp -rf HEREISLIBVACODEC/libvacodec/* HEREISMPLAYER/main/libvacodec

U mean:

cp -rf HEREISLIBVACODEC/libavcodec/* HEREISMPLAYER/main/libavcodec

U got the order of v and a reversed.

How about making a small shell script in the same directory (as the
README) and add a line in the README asking the user to run it from the
same directory ?

Lets call that script libavcodec.sh and its contents could be:

#!/bin/sh

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co
ffmpeg/libavcodec

mv ffmpeg/libavcodec/* .
rm -rf ffmpeg

> I think the caps make it clear that the reader ought to instantiate
> something there.
>
> But this is less important.  I think not realizing that libvacodec is
> just not in mplayer-CVS anymore is the main thing that I don't think
> the README said well.

U r right about that. Lets see if somebody makes the necessary changes in
that README.

thanks
- Nil