[MPlayer-users] tv audio and bluish people (again) report...

Paul Ortyl ortylp at 3miasto.net
Thu May 9 19:58:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

	Is in the subject:

1/ I have reenabled tv-audio in the sources and tested again -- this time it
	worked OK.  The playing frequency is correct, the A-V sync seem to be
	constant and about 1400ms (I will have to correct it manually so that
	A-V==0), I have not tested it with longer (>5min) recordings, but suspect
	there might be problem because encoding 24fps where v4l reports 25fps and
	there is still plenty of free CPU time.

Encoding works properly with the options below:

mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:width=384:height=288:outfmt=rgb24 -oac pcm -ovc \
	divx4 -divx4opts br=2000 -fps 25 -ofps 25 -o movie.avi

	any other -oac value does not work.

2/ "Bluish people" -- as the command options above work well, any change in
	-ovc options (eg lavc, rawrgb) or change in -tv outfmt!=rgb24 make
	the people bluish.  So that the only way for encoding from v4l is
	divx[45]linux.

If someone (of The Great Developers) wants to investigate the problems I'll
send full bugreports on request.

And now another question -- what should I do, if I want to dump a long tv
program in high quality (divx/mpeg) so that AVI would be bigger than 2GB
(and then recode it with two pass divx to tolerable bitrate), have in mind,
that one pass realtime encoding with ffmpeg is impossible because of "bluish
people" -- any hints?

Regards,

	Paul

--
Paul Ortyl <mailto:ortylp at 3miasto.net>
  Technical University of Gdansk, Telecommunications Faculty