[MPlayer-users] Re: -fs -zoom works now, mpeg1 and co libavcodec don't

Ross Lippert ripper at eskimo.com
Thu May 9 14:11:01 CEST 2002

the libavcodec/README says:
>libavcodec here was obsoleted, and has been removed from mplayer/main tree.
>(but still available as separated module, checkout 'libavcodec' if you want)
but if I do

cvs co libavcodec
cvs server: cannot find module `libavcodec' - ignored

I wish that had worked.....  After going through the FFmpeg CVS I
suggest that the english of

>Checkout it to a separated directory, and then copy content of libavcodec
>directory and it's subdir i386 here. (libac3 and libmpg not required/used)

be changed to
 Checkout it into a separate directory, then copy the contents of libavcodec
 and libavcodec/i386 to . and ./i386. (libac3 and libmpg not required/used).

That said, I rebuilt, and the trippy green blobs that were in mpeg4 have
gone away, because its now using ffmpeg to decode.

However, the shrinkage is gone, but there is still the blankness on
mpeg1video encoded stuff after the first iter.

So to sum up: (pre3 versus current)
(with -fs -zoom -vo x11)
w/o libavcodec: msmpeg4 plays back fine,
		mpeg4 has green blobs but no shrinkage,
		mpeg1video goes black after first iter with an error:
@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@
@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@ 1%  0%  1.2% 0 0 0%

w/  libavcodec: msmpeg4 plays fine,
		mpeg4 plays fine,