[MPlayer-users] mga_vid.c for linux-2.5.13

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Thu May 9 12:17:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 5 May 2002 21:56:00 +0200
David Odin <David at dindinx.org> wrote:

> I'm using a Matrox G550 video card, so I need to use a recent kernel to
> have a framebuffer console (yes, I love to see the boot logo ;-)

Hmm... I have also a G550... used it with 2.2.19 and 2.4.17 with framebuffer
had no probs with 2.2.19, but some minor with 2.4.17 (though i think it's because
of the cmd640)

> But, the mga_vid module cannot be used with a 2.5.13 kernel. It's rather
> easy to adapt, though, so I patched it with succes.
>
> In case it could be useful to anybody else on this list, I've attached
> the 2.5.13-compliant version of mga_vid.c to this mail.

Please read tech/patches.txt this isnt usefull at all

But be aware it'll be only applyed if it's not messy
(two other patches for 2.5.x we got would have broken the compilation
for all others)

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.