[MPlayer-users] new is better, but

WK sprawki at wp.pl
Tue May 7 19:17:02 CEST 2002

Very Good evening
Something changes in last cvs and MP 0.9pre3. Gui does not crash, when
playing stops, volume control works with alsa9, encoding performance is a
few percents highier.
But:
1) In earleier versions for encoding from TV source I heve been receive
infos:
"sound chanels= rate= etc." or "no device found > NOSOUND"
Now I can see only: "(...)alocating sound(...)"
and next is just display info (colour alocating, size etc.).
Then "Writing AVI header".
Mising is "PCM,  MP3 audio selected" or "(...)noaudio"
All looks good, but files are with empty audio stream.
Sombody knows why?
P.S.
2) emu10k1 driver from sourceforge maked crash. Now it works, but where is
that sound (or theese attentions)?
3) mplayer with v4l driver selected traditionally screams:
"Audio - nosound!"
4) I tryied many different dsp routes - nothing.
5) Now I use trick sound is recorded with arecord (started in same moment,
when mencoder starts - delay is about 0.03 s.), but if mencoder decrease
fps - synchronization is almost impossible. How to stabilize that (-ofps
does not work anyway tries to encode 25 even when I try force it to, for
example, 15)?
Thank's for help etc.
Regards too.
Wieslaw