[MPlayer-users] Frame Rate drops during playback - Any Suggestions

Bill Noyce main at billus.co.uk
Tue May 7 12:15:02 CEST 2002

Hi this could be anything i know, but let me explain.

I've got an Athlon 900 processing video grabbed with a bt878 PCI card.
NuppelVideo is making a great capture utility "nuvrec". I'm happy that
the input ain't the problem cos a divx file as the input makes no
difference.

But during playback on either fbdev or x11, the frame rate falls apart
and can't keep up with the audio, so the sync quickly goes. It feels
like the frame rate halves but it could be even slower.

I've got MDK8.3cooker with gcc 2.95 and 3.0.4 available.

It might just be a problem with my graphics card (Nvidia Riva 128) which
is getting long in the tooth, except fbdev output and x11 output both
messup.