[MPlayer-users] unicode subtitles

Artur Zaprzala zybi at fanthom.math.put.poznan.pl
Mon May 6 15:41:00 CEST 2002

Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> TOOLS/subfont-c/encodings/charmap2enc has a line saying if (c<"80"), and I don't understand what it is doing there. There are a lot of single-byte encodings that use almost all the 0x100 possible values of a byte. I for example couldn't create a koi8-r font because of that.

charmap2enc was a simple way to support EUC encodings and `if (c<"80")'
is there because mplayer with -unicode option uses similar condition to
distinguish mulitbyte sequences.

BTW, does anybody remember what was -unicode option introduced for? It
will not work with Unicode, but with e.g. EUC-KR will. Wasn't it meant
for EUC encodings?

--
Artur Zaprzala