[MPlayer-users] Problem with subtitles

Tomas Morkus tmorkus at intac.cz
Mon May 6 11:02:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

I have following problem with subtitles in MPlayer (all versions):

I use SVCD format, so to be able to fit on CD I have to split the MPEG
files into smaller parts to fit on CD. I use mpeg2enc (mjpegtools) tools
for creating SVCD compatible data stream, including the multiplexing and
smart splitting capabilities of mplex (mjpegtools). Then I create SCVD
compatible CDs with the vcdimager. These SVCDs works great in my desktop
DVD player - but unfortunately my desktop DVD player is not able to
display SVCD subtitles. So the only way I can view movies with subtitles
is to use software player in PC. So I copied the mpeg files from the
SVCDs to PC and tried to play it in MPlayer.In MPlayer are there files
playable in great quality, splitted parts are played smoothly without
visible atrefacts at spliting pints. But when I try to use subtitles, at
each splitting point the subtitle starts again from the beginning,
because the timer resets (00:00).
Please, is there any way, how to tell MPlayer to ignore such splitting
points and to continue the subtitles without resetting the counter ?

I'd appreciate any help.

Have a nice day,

Tomas Morkus.