[MPlayer-users] Poor DVD performance

Frederick Grim hal9000 at nyc.rr.com
Sun May 5 02:42:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 01:40:42AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> > Howdy,
> >
> > > Also, with all the output types I did notice a fair bit of tearing on
> > > high-movement scenes. Can this be fixed? I have searched the mailing lists
> > ,
> > > the docs and the web and haven't found a definitive answer.
> >
> > I had exactly the same problem...If you have a rage128 video card it is
> > probably the X-Window drivers in 4.2.  I fixed the tearing by returning
> > to my beloved 4.1.0.  Try downgrading and see if it goes away.
>
> are you using GATOS or builtin stuff?
> try GATOS... and it has an option DOUBLEBUFFERING (xvinfo) controlling the
> anti-tearing stuff
Tried GATOS and it didn't help...besides it works fine now...why do
things I know will break a perfectly good system.  In any case I don't
think it is the XFree drivers but the kernel XFree stuff.  Sorry I
wasn't more clear about that in the post.  Alan Cox's patches are probably
buggy in sneaky ways still.

> and also try -double
>
> ah, and RTFM... :)
Always with RTFM...Almost like a Polish Grandmother except she would
never say: "Read The Fucking Manual" ;-)

                                   Fred Grim