[MPlayer-users] Re: gmplayer exiting back to a bash xterm

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Sun May 5 02:27:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> Hi
>>
>> whenever i exit gmplayer with q everything is fine, however, if the
>> movie exits by itself,  whatever i type in my console won't show up
>> anymore (but does 'exist') I was just wondering if anybody experienced
>> behavior such alike if so, i can start diffing when exactly it does exit
>> rgiht, and when not.
>

> gui does NOT exit when teh movie ends, it goes into STOP state.
> so, if it exited, it means some error, you should provide -v output

It really is all confusing, as it happens 'sometimes' and 'sometimes' not.
What I really ment to ask maybe was, if other users, starting gmplayer from an bash-xterm have noticed that they need to reset their term whenever they are done using gmplayer (it exiting in any way whatsoever). If i'm not the only one, i'll start paying attention (and writing down) when gmplayer does exit and makes it where I do NOT have to reset my term. It has happend plenty of times that I didn't need to reset my term, but also more times that I did have to reset my term.
It's just an annoyance really, not a REAL havy bug. And if i'm the only one experiencing this, (because i'm the only one starting gmplayer from an xterm or everybody else uses a file browser that'll execute gmplayer for you (which is what i'm starting to do now too)) let me know.

oliver