[MPlayer-users] Re: VCD/SVCD Encoding

Daniel Moreno comac2k at teleline.es
Sat May 4 22:30:02 CEST 2002

Jukka Tastula wrote:

> Converting 23.98fps to 25fps is pretty straight forward for the video part, as
> it is just played 1 fps faster, but the audio is a bit trickier, as it needs
> to be played faster too. I know a tool for windows to do this, but I have no
> idea what numbers to use for resampling to get exactly 1fps faster audio to
> keep it in sync with video.

Never tried myself, but if you have to play something that previously
played at 1/23.98sec in 1/25sec, then you have to either:

1) keep the wave data unmodified but force a sampling rate of
OriginalSampleRate * 25 / 23.98

2) resample the wave to OriginalSampleRate * 23.98 / 25 AND play it at
the original sampling rate.

At least that's the theory. Don't know if this can help.

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/