[MPlayer-users] bug report: subtitles below image broken in mencoder

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri May 3 18:05:02 CEST 2002

I was just trying to use mencoder to encode a movie, with subtitles
rendered into an expanded black area at the bottom of the picture.
As it turns out, the subtitles get rendered fine, but they are never
cleared, so a mess is left in the area that's supposed to be black. If
anyone wants I can send detailed bug report, but this is quite easy to
reproduce with something like:

mencoder -vop expand=320:240:0:0,scale=320:180 -sub foo.sub foo.avi

Also, I noticed while playing around with expand options that if I
explicitly put in an expand filter to render osd, then osd gets
rendered twice, once by my expand, and once by the auto-inserted one.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it's supposed to work,
but it would be nice to be able to render subtitles before scaling,
etc.

Rich