[MPlayer-users] about Molayer

Daniel Moreno comac2k at teleline.es
Fri May 3 13:21:01 CEST 2002

Georgi Georgiev wrote:

>>I don't know if the "nv" driver that comes with X has Xv support. Have
>>you tried the driver on nvidia's website? (yes, it's binary and crashes
>>quite a lot with AGP and all that, but I used Xv with it on both a TNT
>>and a TNT2)
>
> Hey, I am using the binary driver and it has stopped crashing since version 2802 (which is relatively recent). Actually the only verison that was crashing a lot was the one before that, but it seems like NVidia don't even have it on their ftp anymore. (23xx as far as I remember). So don't be afraid to use it, it works quite smoothly and supports both xv and x11 and everything.

I'd say it depends quite a lot on your motherboard and whether you use
AGPGART or nvidia's port of the NT agp code which comes with the card.
Anyway, I'm back to my ATI card. It's slower in 3D, but works better on
everything else. Also, ATI cards have the best image filtering I've ever
seen. (when I was installing the DRI I could tell if it was software
rendering or not just looking at a "magnified" texture ;-D )

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/