[MPlayer-users] unicode subtitles

Georgi Georgiev chutz at thunder.lo.chubaka.net
Fri May 3 07:09:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:47:03AM +0200, Fredrik Kuivinen wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:40:31AM +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> > Is int always 4 bytes on all systems?
>
> int isn't guaranteed to be 4 bytes. If you want a 4 byte wide integer
> type you should use int32_t or uint32_t.

Guess the patch I submitted last time regarding the subtitles has to be adjusted then. I changed short to int, hoping this is enough, but I have no experience in cross-platform development. Do I HAVE to submit a patch, or can someone fix it right away?

What about functions like atoi and atol? Guess if one wants to play safe, and DOES want to make sure that the returned value is at least 4 bytes wide, it is better to use atol?? Am I thinking right, or am I being paranoid?

--
Chutz <chutz at chubaka.homeip.net>