[MPlayer-users] My experience with Maxtor 160GB, LVM, XFS

Brian J. Murrell 58406ce31cdb3d91b2794018fed3dda8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 1 23:14:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:34:19PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> Dont think that is needed,

Maybe not for you, but I appreciate hearing about it.

> as a lot of ppl have such drives installed

I would guess a lot more don't have them installed.

> No problem here, i use a promise Ultra 100TX2

But it is good to know that there are controllers that have issues so
that those of us that have them can look out for the problems.

> Ever worked on a 286 with a 10MB drive ?

Even my 8088 had a 30MB drive (it was a 20MB that became a 30MB
because of RLL).  :-)

> Or a C64 with only a 5.25 floppy ? :-)

Or a VIC20 with the little cassette recorder?  :-)

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell