[MPlayer-users] DVD ripping guide for Linux

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed May 1 00:42:02 CEST 2002

Hello everyone,

I've spent the last few days working with mplayer/mencoder and
transcode on ripping and converting DVDs. I'd like to share this
knowledge with others so I wrote a small guid to DVD ripping and
transcoding. You can find it at

http://www.bunkus.org/dvdripping4linux/

This is the very first release so expect to see mistakes. I'd really
like a lot of feedback (What do you like? What could be improved? Where
am I wrong? What did I miss?) so I can gradually make this a really
good guide for all users.

Please no feedback like 'hey that doesn't work, it sucks'. That doesn't
help me. Be constructive :)

Another request: you will notice that I've not writte that much about
mencoder. If you have tips especially regarding mencoder than please
let me know. I'll update the guide with new information as new versions
of the programs used in the guide are released.

Happy video converting :-)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)