[MPlayer-users] Problem selecting audio track from DVD

Frederik Klama fklama at f2s.com
Wed May 1 00:02:01 CEST 2002

When I try to use a different thant the default audio track when encoding a
DVD I get the following error:

DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 8259352 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)
MPEG: No Audio stream found...  ->nosound

I called mencoder with the following options:
mencoder -dvd 1 -aid 1 -oac mp3lame -lameopts q=4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1000 -o outfile.avi

The DVD's I tried this on are:
Mars Attacks
Rush Hour

There are two AC3 tracks on Mars Attacks, one with only music and one in
English. The encoded divx contains the music track by default :(
For Rush Hour I get the commentary as a default which is track 2 o xine !

System:
Dual PIII-800 512MB-RAM
Pioneer DVD-303 (SCSI)
Mencoder Version: CVS-020405-04:00-2.95.3