[MPlayer-users] sound problems on linuxppc

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Mar 31 18:42:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Florin Boariu wrote:

> does anybody have any ideas on how to fix? i tried the oss sound driver
> (and every other driver too). the sdl-module makes the same sound, the
> others remain silent (some codec bug?). i was trying to play the lord
> ovfthe rings (i assume it was divx4). i'll try some mpeg file soon
> (non-divx).
>
> my sound hardware is definitely working correctly, since xmms has no
> problems with playing MP3s. and the system beep 0x07 does also work :)

	If you're playing a file with DivX audio (a.k.a., Windows Media
Audio) then you're not going to get any sound out of MPlayer on a PPC
machine. The audio in this case would be handled by a Win32 x86-only
binary module. If the audio is handled by a native MPlayer decoder, then
we have a bug on our hands.

	So which audio format is it?

	Thanks...
--