[MPlayer-users] Re: [Ogle-user] libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.

H}kan Hjort d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se
Sun Mar 31 00:47:02 CET 2002

Sun Mar 31 2002, gvlyakh at mail.ru wrote:
> > libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
>
> Hi. I reported this problem on all these lists a couple of times before,
> adn, now, I think, I know the reason at least of MY problem - I chenged
> the dvd-drive (to a SCSI-drive), and now everything works. Before I was
> trying to use a Matshita IDE-drive, somebody else reported problems with
> this make.

Well I hope not.  I have a Pioneer IDE DVD (pioneer is a brand of
matsushita) which works fine.  I expect this is the case for hundreds,
if not thousands, of other users too.

It a strange problem though..  I'd blame it on the kernel since I see no
other obvious candidates.
Do you have possibility to test with some other kernel version?
What kernel verion do you run now?  You don't run ide-scsi do you?

--
Håkan Hjort
d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se