[MPlayer-users] conflict between xvid and libavcodec?

Grigori Goronzy grigorig at web.de
Fri Mar 29 14:08:01 CET 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:57:56 +0000 (GMT)
Chris <eswks at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]> > I'm trying to get xvid to work with
> mplayer/mencoder. I got xvidcore> > from CVS and compiled it, worked
> fine. I used the *.h from an older> > divx4linux-package from january.
> mplayer is also from CVS, of course.>
> > are you 100% sure that both libavcodec and xvid are fresh cvs
> > version? afair this problem was fixed long time ago...
> >
> > > ../xvidcore/build/generic/libcore.a(quant_matrix.o)(.data+0x20):
> > > multiple defini tion of `default_intra_matrix'
> > > libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o)(.data+0x0):/usr/home/greg/sourc
> > > es/mai n/libavco dec/mpeg12.c: first defined here
> I asked about this same question a week ago, but no one replied. I was
> using both cvs's. I just edited the relevant files in xvid and
> replaced all ocurences of default_intra_matrix with
> default_intra_matrix_HELLO and it compiled fine.

I did the same, i renamed it to default_intra_matrix2, works now.

But that's not a real solution, I think.

I think I am sure that libavcodec, mplayer and xvid are fresh from CVS.
If I didn't do something very bad, they are :)

I'll try completely re-out-checking all cvs trees.


More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list