[MPlayer-users] No XVideo with SiS530

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Mar 29 03:33:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> $ xvinfo
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
> no adaptors present
> $
>
> However, contradictory to this, the X log clearly states:
>
> (II) Loading extension XVideo
> (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

this does not mean anything, X always loads these extensions, even if
your adapter does not have XV at all. (Don't know your adapter, though.)
What you need is an output like

sr at gaijin:~ > xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "I810 Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 34
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 16, visualID 0x21
    number of attributes: 3
      "XV_COLORKEY" (range 0 to 16777215)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 2110)
      "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -128 to 127)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_CONTRAST" (range 0 to 255)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 64)
    maximum XvImage size: 720 x 576

And even this does not necessarily tell you that XV will work, the maximum
size is what the chip can do IF IT HAS ENOUGH MEMORY. My NeoMagic chip in
my notebook says it can do 1024x1024, but to even enable 720x576 for DVD
playback it needs some major tweaking with the memory allocation (2.5MB only).

Stefan

* Stefan Recksiegel              stefan AT recksiegel.de *
* B 201, Estate Pia                 Tel. +8190-2423-6753 *
* Kaname 427-5                      Fax. +4969-791265045 *
* Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300-2622, Japan                       *