[MPlayer-users] problems with gmplayer

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Wed Mar 27 14:24:01 CET 2002

shags wrote:

> ok i know RTFM and i did.  i compiled it with 2.95 and still i cant get
> the gmplayer to work with anythign other than root. then also when i get
> in as root the playlist wont work. can anyone help me?
Are you using xvidix ? It needs root privileges to run (must access HW).
GTK doesen't like uid 0 ...
You could try compiling libdhahelper and installing it as a kernel
module. But, then, you'll see that the hi-res timer needs root
privileges,too...

That's the world :-)
GUI should really be a DIFFERENT executable that controls the player
throught some kind of IPC.
But why in the hell does some1 want to use the GUI ? O:-)

BYtE,
 Diego.