[MPlayer-users] [Bug Report] typo error in configure script

Jean-Louis Debert JLD at rsd-intl.com
Wed Mar 27 09:04:02 CET 2002

> do you use devfs and can confirm this, because I'm not sure
> it's a typo!
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> 	Atmos

Yes I do (Mandrake 8.2). The correct device is /dev/sound/dsp

When mplayer tries to open the audio device it ends up with
a message : "open : /dev/sound/dspW   no such file or directory"
and then it says "NO SOUND !" and I don't hear anything.

Besides if I remove the "W" it works correctly, so it must be a typo
(although if you don't use devfs it won't happen ...)

Bye.