[MPlayer-users] Problem with one .avi

Grigori Goronzy grigorig at web.de
Sat Mar 23 23:35:02 CET 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:58:59 +0100
Grigori Goronzy <grigorig at web.de> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:54:44 +0100
> Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > > the other 25 nge episodes play just fine(and they have the same
> > > size, same bitrate etc).
> >
> > Hmm... maybe the file is broken
> > try -idx or -forceidx
> already tried, it did not help.
> I really tried a million different things, even re-encoding with
> mencoder. it gave me errors about too many audio packets in the
> demuxer.

with the damned help of virtualdub on my windows-box it now works..

When I loaded the file into virtuadub it said something about
incorrectly encoded vbr audio, and that this will be corrected.

I re-"encoded" the file in the direct stream copy mode, now all is fine.

So, wouldn't it be possible for mplayer to detect such problems, and
correct it on the fly?

-greg