[MPlayer-users] DirectFB - issues and solution

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 18 18:14:02 CET 2002

Hi,
as I'm not on this list I'm posting reply to bugrespors a bit later.

Preface:
Use most recent CVS copy of mplayer.
But at present time (18.3.2002 17:00 CET) the CVS version of
vo_directfb.c is not up-todate (but just this file - other files get
from CVS), so please until CVS get updated use vo_directfb.c from here:
http://www.jirisvoboda.cz/download/vo_directfb.c

This version should solve most of the issues/bugs and adds new
feautures. It's not bugfree as there are now changes in mplayers vo
handling itself and vo_directfb is not yet fully adapted. Also upgrade
to latest release of DirectFB lib (0.9.9). I do not recommend using
directfb CVS until I420 bitblt is fixed (what maybe already happened).

Problems:
1) Mplayer hangs at eof or quit
This is caused by confligt with cache. If problem is still there after
upgrading vo_directfb.c. Try to set cache size 0 - disable cache. We are
still working on solution for this.

2) Warning messages as:
(!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
--> this means that your framebuffer doesn't suppor panning -> should
not cause any problem -> ignore this, if it will cause mplayer crash ->
send bugreport

I'm sure there are some other problems, if you find them, please send
bugreport and do CC for me at vodirectfb at jirisvoboda.cz

JS