[MPlayer-users] Bugreport

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 16 23:48:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> > again bugreport, again directfb.
> > the symptom is the same, maybe more info:
> > playing any file with -vo directfb, at the end or by
> > pressing <ESC> the console freezes. The gpm cursor still
> > moves, the computer replies to pings everything works
> > only the keyboard is locked. No response e.g. to CAPS-LOCK.
> > Only the reset helps.The gpm cursor can clear the screen
> > (with moving) but that is all visual response from the
> > computer.
>

> Hmm.. did you try the "magic sysrequest key" ?
> (see /<path to linux source>/Documentation/sysrq.txt)
> I dont know anythin about directfb, it's just a wild guess,
> but maybe helps.

I've forwarded your mail to directfb maintainer (he isn't on this list due
to many useless bugreports, flame and high traffic) and it seems he found
the problem. it mostly comes from -cache. try to disable cache, it should solve
(workaround) the problem. anyway we're working on a fix...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team