[MPlayer-users] DivX5

charlie Charles-henri.Collin at emi.u-bordeaux.fr
Thu Mar 14 08:17:15 CET 2002

Augusto Beiro wrote:

> I've always though  that Xv was faster than SDL. I've got a slow system for
> DivX (K6-II 450 320Mb RAM Geforce II MX).
>
> Is SDL _really_ faster than xv?
> DGA works awfully

i dont know, maybe my XFree 4.1 is badly configured or whatever, tho i
followed all instructions step by step, but i can tell you SDL is way
much faster then Xv on my Geforce2MX. Maybe this video card is a special
case, who knows ? (at least, its not a card like others as NVidia keeps
its driver closed source... maybe thats where it comes from ...)

--
Eight Megabytes Always Continuously Swapping