[MPlayer-users] DivX5

gabor gabor at host.sk
Wed Mar 13 11:09:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 10:21, Augusto Beiro wrote:
> Hi there;
>
> Well, I've found that DivX5 from www.divx.com works quite better than 4.12 on
> Windows. I can see now more movies than before using the Playa and DivX5.
> (Well, they say than now is optimized for AMD and it's faster).So I wanted to
> see DivX5 performance on Linux and MPlayer.
>
> Finally, I could compile Mplayer with Divx5 support, (using libdivxdecore
> from avifile.sourceforge.net). It seems to work well, but it produces some
> noise in such things like subtitles (I see white points in the edge of the
> letters) or when there is some strong contrast (any idea?).

try "-double"...

for me it helped... i have the same problem, but it only happens with xv
output ( not with sdl or x11 )... theoretically -double toggles
double-buffering, but i thought it's on by default.

anyway... try -double..

and btw. i would recommend you to use -vo sdl instead of -vo xv... much
better ( "f" works correctly, subtitles under the movie etc... )

actually i don't know why should anyone use -vo xv :-(

bye,
gabor