[MPlayer-users] Encoding with XviD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 12 19:59:58 CET 2002

Hi,

> The ONLY way I have gotten this to compile correctly with the encore
> being "detected" is by copying the decore.h and encore2.h from
> divx4linux into the /usr/lib directory. It then detects and works giving

> What am I missing here? Could someone please tell me exactly what's
> needed to get the XviD to compile into MPlayer, or is this the
> "official" way?

it's one unrestolved problem yet...
XviD is in alpha stage, there are no releases yet (the latest release from
january is not the nowdays' xvid, its' something old code, different api and
structure). and their CVS doesn't contain these .h files, probably licensing
issues...  XviD has its own API, it just provides divx4linux compatibility
for easier to use. We really should implement native (using XviD's own API)
suport to mplayer and mencoder. it will happen one day, but as it works now,
we left it, and prefer much more important things...

you're right, it should be solved _or_ documented.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team