AW: [MPlayer-users] ati radeon 8500

Brian J. Murrell 5289acde32ca16a2d21cb7a3ba487c48 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Mar 9 18:41:01 CET 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 02:00:04PM +0100, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:
> RTFsource;)

I did, and I fixed it -- well not the broken module loading params,
but I added hooks between MPlayer and the mga_vid so that the hardware
EQ that vidix has now works for mga_vid.  :-)

With the patch I posted on dev-eng, you can now use the 1/2, 3/4 (or
whatever your input.conf defines them to be if you use NEW_INPUT) to
adjust the contrast and brightness of the G400 BES.

> You can change default brightness&contrast using module parameters
>  using modprobe mga_vid mga_brightness=50 mga_contrast=-30,
> at least that's the way I wanted it to work. Or maybe
> modprobe mga_vid brightness=50 contrast=-5
> would be more readable?

I did that before adding the hardware EQ hooks.  It did not seem to
work.  I don't care now however as I can make whatever adjustments I
want with the 1/2, 3/4 hardware EQ keys.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell