[MPlayer-users] xv on woody

Furkan Fidan yufufi at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:35:02 CET 2002

Is there anything  I can do to improve performance except compiling kernel
2.4.

Thanx for helping,

Furkan

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 07:42, Furkan Fidan wrote:
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>I tried to recompile mplayer, but configure can't find both x11 and xv.
Install the xlibs-dev package by saying:
apt-get install xlibs-dev

>Linux debian 2.2.20 #1 Sun Nov 4 15:44:23 EST 2001 i686 unknown
>From the configure script's output, I see you have a PIII processor. If
you would compile a 2.4 kernel, you would also get SSE optimization,
what would make mplayer work faster.

>Checking for AA ... no

You may also install aalib by typing 'apt-get install aalib1
aalib1-dev', because mplayer can use it, and I thing it's very nice :)
But that's really optional, and has nothing to do with your original
problem.

Bye,
        Padre