[MPlayer-users] mencoder: SVCD from DivX

emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net
Fri Mar 8 03:12:11 CET 2002

I have done exactly this before with transcode.
Transcode's somewhat complex, and I had to tweak it to get proper
NTSC output and SVCD support, but it worked fine otherwise (if a bit slow).

(The modification was to the export_mpeg2enc.c file, to add some options
for NTSC SVCD output at 23.976 and 29.976 fps...)

Transcode's at:
http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/

As far as I know, mencoder at the moment still only does avi's, but
I get the impression that some of the stuff being worked on now
will add VCD/SVCD mpg output to it at some point...