[MPlayer-users] specifying the codecs directory !

dan carter dcarter at waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 5 05:19:02 CET 2002

Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, dan carter wrote:
>

>>SycOtiC Smith wrote:
>>
>>>Try RTFO of ./configure --help
>>>
>>>--with-win32libdir=DIR   W*ndows DLL files in DIR
>>>
>>>And be sure they are in the DIR you tell it!
>>>This is BASIC compile stuff...
>>>
>>Looks like basic runtime configuration stuff to me
>>

>  Looks like basic compile time configuration stuff to me.
> (runtime configuration is a wrong term)

Runtime configuration is correct term for an option that should be set
at runtime.

So if i move some files around i have to recompile all programs?  Nope,
only mplayer... well i guess it's OK for version < 1.0 program to still
have hardcoded options :)

During runtime is most flexible, especially when using it with the GUI,
but at start of runtime would suffice.