[MPlayer-users] Keyboard locks with DGA

Risto A. Paju teknohog at iki.fi
Sun Mar 3 21:07:02 CET 2002

When using -vo dga, the keyboard is completely locked. I cannot even
switch to a virtual console. I'm using the latest CVS version of MPlayer.
Other video devices like xv work fine.

The bug appears to have been introduced between daily CVS snapshots
20020221 and 20020222. I've used the configure flag --disable-new-input as
someone pointed out its relation to keyboard/DGA problems, but the problem
persists.

System specs:
Mandrake 8.0 (heavily updated)
Linux 2.4.18-rc4 (the problem also occurred with 2.4.17)
glibc 2.2.4
gcc 3.0.4
XFree86 4.2.0
binutils 2.11.2
AMD K6-3+
S3 Virge/MX 2MB

--
Mr Risto A. Paju ::: http://www.iki.fi/teknohog/

"That's the problem with good advice: No one wants to hear it." -- Dogbert