[MPlayer-users] it dosn't work on linux

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jun 28 17:15:15 CEST 2002

On Friday, 28 June 2002, Michele Costantino M Soccio wrote:
[...]
> In my reasons it's better taht you download the source and compile that,
> so it would be really optimized for your PC.

Why do you think the RPMs aren't optimized? Apart from being compiled
with runtime cpudetection enabled, they are. There are versions for
i386 (which works on any x86), i586 (for Pentiums and compatibles),
special i586 for K6, i686 (for PII/III, Celerons) and athlon (Duron
and Athlon).

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>