[MPlayer-users] Uploading Quicktime RLE 16-bit file

Francisco Camenforte Torres fmcato at supercable.es
Fri Jun 28 10:33:21 CEST 2002

When trying to play a pretty old quicktime file I got the following error:

Opening video decoder: [qtrle] Quicktime Animation (RLE) decoder
     *** FYI: This Quicktime file is using 16-bit RLE Animation
     encoding, which is not yet supported by MPlayer. But if you upload
     this Quicktime file to the MPlayer FTP, the team could look at it.
VDecoder init failed :(
Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x20656C72 !

Right now I'm uploading the file to the FTP, its name is
"Nadia_ending_QT_RLE_16_bit.mov".

I was using mplayer pre-5 on Redhat 7.0, though I think this information
shouldn't be necessary, unless those files are supported in latest CVS
(the message I got was pretty explicit).

Hope it helps.

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to this list, so if the file isn't correctly
uploaded, please mail me: fmcato at supercable.es